Posted by Inno on September 15, 2012 at 18:49:10 from (18.104.22.168):
Went and picked up the TO-35 that I looked at a couple weeks ago.
The high points
- took the carb from my 202 and a new sediment bowl and she fired right up and sounds pretty good
- Transmission seems to have VERY little wear, much more precise than my worn out 202 which seems to have almost no stops, just kinda point the stick where you want it to go. On the 35 you must make an effort to hit the gear you want.
- No transmission "whine" in any gear, it's especially noticeable on my 202 in reverse and in the low ranges. The 35 has a very quiet transmission
-tires are in pretty reasonable shape, the rears should last a good long time I think, one of the fronts might need replacing sometime soon
The slightly lower points
- clutch needs some adjustment (not a big deal) or maybe with the transmission not being as loose as my 202 I'm just not used to it
- a few minor leaks which I think will be easily fixed
- a minor stutter or miss which I had with my 202 but cleared it up (for the most part) with electronic ign. and a new manifold gasket.
- there is some rust in a few areas, battery box will have to be rebuilt
- governor is not working properly, hopefully just some cleaning and adjustment
- carburetor needs rebuilding (already knew that and bought kit)
- seemed to be burning a tiny bit of oil on initial startup but it hadn't been running properly in over a year so I'm not getting too worried about that just yet.
All in all it look like it either has very low hours or had very good maintenance.
First order of business will be to undress her, remove the loader in it's entirety. While test driving it around the yard this evening I had flashbacks to the way the 202 was before I built the power steering for it, very difficult to control. With the extra weight off and an implement on the back I think it will be a lot better.
Once that is off it will make working on it so much easier.
Pics and maybe a video to follow when I have time.
This post was edited by Inno at 18:50:07 09/15/12.
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies! Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ More Info ]
TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.