The tractor of the beast is alive. Yes, tractor serial # 17666 is back in action. I managed to get my total rebuilt '39 B to run and drive. I got it about a year ago with a seized motor (standing water in the pistons etc.). I drove it about the yard for the first time Sunday afternoon and was very happy with it. I plan on making a restoration webpage with all the photos I took but it may be several months. It's is as close to orginal as I can get. I am very happy that I can start it on the first or second crank. The oddest thing that I did on this is that I cut the engine bearings seats round, i.e. I did away with the .006" of shim in there.... It didn't shave down the bearings at all (a bit of extra crush) and they appear to be fine. We will see after a few more hours of run time but I ran and drove it for about a hour last night with no problems.
Having never rebuilt a tractor before this was a bit of an adventure and I do wish to thank everyone in here for the help, pointers and parts along the way. Dick L, Tyler Woods, Glenn, the VanCamps and many other were a great help. Thanks!
Now onto the next issue of a Woods L59 mower, see my next post....
Scappoose Oregon USA