Welcome! Please use the navigational links on your left to explore our website.

Company Logo (800) 853-2651 Shop Now
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 8N,9N,2N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
Classified Ads
Photo Ads
Tractor Parts

Discussion Forums
Project Journals
Your Stories
Show & Pull Guide
Events Calendar
Hauling Schedule

Tractor Photos
Implement Photos
Vintage Photos
Help Identify
Parts & Pieces
Stuck & Troubled
Vintage Ads
Community Album
Photo Ad Archives

Research & Info
Tractor Registry
Tip of the Day
Safety Cartoons
Tractor Values
Serial Numbers
Tune-Up Guide
Paint Codes
List Prices
Production Nbrs
Tune-Up Specs
Torque Values
3-Point Specs

Tractor Games
Just For Kids
Virtual Show
Museum Guide
Memorial Page
Feedback Form

Yesterday's Tractors Facebook Page

Discussion Forum

Where can you find this?

Welcome Guest, Log in or Register

07-16-2003 10:02:38

Report to Moderator

i have been looking all over town for a piece of tubing to replace the tubing in the rocker arm of my AC WC. This is the metal tubing that carries the oil into the rocker arm. It is about 1/16 inch in diameter. No one in town seems to carry that small size tubing. I also need the faret?? to connect the nuts on the tubing.Can anyone tell me where to find this. thanks

[Log in to Reply]   [No Email]

07-17-2003 11:50:34

Report to Moderator
 Re: Where can you find this? in reply to Garry, 07-16-2003 10:02:38  
thanks folks for the replies. I have found some of the wire based on the replies. Sure appreciate this board and all the help I get.

[Log in to Reply]  [No Email]
Doesn`t need to be cooper

07-16-2003 20:16:56

Report to Moderator
 Re: Where can you find this? in reply to Garry, 07-16-2003 10:02:38  
Steel brake, line any auto parts house.

[Log in to Reply]  [No Email]
Steve in N.J.

07-16-2003 19:53:26

Report to Moderator
 Re: Where can you find this? in reply to Garry, 07-16-2003 10:02:38  
Garry, We have 1/8" copper tube in a small roll we sell. We have the fittings also if ya need em'. Drop us a line if interested......
Steve/B&B Custom Circuits

[Log in to Reply]  [No Email]

07-16-2003 18:08:28

Report to Moderator
 Re: Where can you find this? in reply to Garry, 07-16-2003 10:02:38  
That should be the same as for a WD. The factory part no. for the tube is 206861, also uses two of 912367sleeve and two 912064 nut. And one elbow910129, says incl. nut and sleeve above. And one connector 910126. Might be available from ACCO if you have a dealer in area. Or call Sandy Lake. Ask them to check on part nos for a WC. As I said I would thenk they would be the same, same engine.

[Log in to Reply]  [No Email]

07-16-2003 18:01:37

Report to Moderator
 Re: Where can you find this? in reply to Garry, 07-16-2003 10:02:38  
Garry: If the tube is like my C you can use an oil pressure installation kit from NAPA or Carquest. The nice thing is you get some fittings and ferrules in the kit. You may have to grind them a little or put a spacer in behind it but it worked for me. steve

[Log in to Reply]  [No Email]

07-17-2003 11:16:58

Report to Moderator
 Re: Re: Where can you find this? in reply to Steve, 07-16-2003 18:01:37  
Steve, thanks for the info. I found the tubing at Discount Auto in a oil preasure installation kit as you stated.

[Log in to Reply]  [No Email]
Rod (NH)

07-16-2003 12:25:04

Report to Moderator
 Re: Where can you find this? in reply to Garry, 07-16-2003 10:02:38  
Hi Garry,

If your WC is the same as my B, that tubing should be 1/8" OD copper. That makes the ID about 1/16". You might want to check some auto parts suppliers and ask for copper tubing to hook up mechanical oil pressure gages. They use that size. You will find a lot of nylon tubing for that purpose but I have also seen copper. It's a kit that comes with some adapters and the correct size ferrules.

The tubing is also referred to as ACR tubing. Thats for air conditioning and refrigeration tube. It is soft copper that is flexible. If you can't find that 1/8" OD size locally, this site is an on-line source. If you poke around on the site, they also can supply the correct size ferrules (also called sleeves).

If you continue to have difficulty finding this tubing it may be tempting to replace it with more readily available 1/4" OD tubing. I do NOT recommend that. If your WC is like my B, that small tubing acts as a restrictor that meters oil flow to the rocker assembly (and the governor also on my B). If you decrease the flow resistance of the tubing by increasing the size greater than the original design, you may increase oil flow to the head area and decrease it to the engine lower end bearings. That's not a good thing IMO.

third party image Rod

[Log in to Reply]  [No Email]
[Options]  [Printer Friendly]  [Posting Help]  [Return to Forum]   [Log in to Reply]

Hop to:

We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

Home  |  Forums

Today's Featured Article - Talk of the Town: The Saga of Grandpa's Tractor - by The following saga is from the Tractor Talk Discussion Forum. Someone. The saga starts with the following message: Hey guys I have a decision to make. I know what you all will probably suggest and it will probably agree with me way down inside, but here it is. I have a picture blown up and framed in my "tractor room" of a Farmall M. It was my Grandpa's tractor, of which whom I never got to meet. He froze to death getting this tractor out of the barn to pull a truck out of the ditch before I was born. Anyway my dad and aunt had to sell it at the auction, ... [Read Article]

Latest Ad: 1.5 hp. International Harvester model M. On cart starts and runs well. Calls or texts work best. Pictures available upon request [More Ads]

Copyright © 1997-2022 Yesterday's Tractor Co.

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters

Website Accessibility Policy