Welcome! Please use the navigational links to explore our website.
PartsASAP LogoCompany Logo Auction Link (800) 853-2651

Shop Now

   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 8N,9N,2N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver

Discussion Forum

WD Gas Tank Cap w / Float?

Welcome Guest, Log in or Register
Bones Magoo

05-09-2003 06:08:51

Report to Moderator

Anyone know if the WD's originally came with a gas cap that had a float mechanism to indicate fuel level? Mine has one, and Dad says it was on it when he purchased it in the early 70's.

Mine is missing the glass tube that the indicator rises up and down in. It all still works fine, but without the glass tube, the rod for the indicator acts like a wick for rainwater into the gas tank. I'm constantly having to empty the sediment bowl.

Anybody know where I can get a replacement glass tube? It sits in a rubber grommet on top of the gas cap and looks to need to be about 1 inch in diameter (I.D), and about 2 1/4 inches high (when the float is all the way up, ie. full, the indicator is about 2 1/8 inches above the rubber grommet in the cap. Also, there looks to be 3 screw holes in the cap, around the rubber grommet, perhaps to secure the glass tube to the gas cap?

I see replacement gas caps on ebay, but they are just solid plain caps. Even though the chrome on mine is badly rusted, I'd like to repair it or replace it with like kind. I've gotten used to being able to see how much gas I have in the tank at just a glance.

Any information, suggestions, etc any of you may offer would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Good Day!

[Log in to Reply]   [No Email]
Charlie (IA)

05-12-2003 19:57:33

Report to Moderator
 Re: WD Gas Tank Cap w / Float? in reply to Bones Magoo, 05-09-2003 06:08:51  
It may not be original, but it's a great idea.. (must be, 'cause I thought of doing it myself, once) If you are looking for glass tube... check an industrial supply place for sight glasses that go on the sides of tanks... or a scientific supply house like LAB Safety, Aldrich, or Fischer... they probably have web sites, too. Try google with those names, or just "sight glass tube" you'll probably get a gazillion hits...

HTH Charlie

[Log in to Reply]  [No Email]

05-11-2003 21:29:50

Report to Moderator
 Re: WD Gas Tank Cap w / Float? in reply to Bones Magoo, 05-09-2003 06:08:51  
WD tractors, nor any other AC, ever came with that as original equipment. Had to be an after-market item.

[Log in to Reply]  [No Email]
[Options]  [Printer Friendly]  [Posting Help]  [Return to Forum]   [Log in to Reply]

Hop to:

We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

Home  |  Forums

Copyright © 1997-2023 Yesterday's Tractor Co.

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters

Website Accessibility Policy