I painted my WD with a siphon type gun at 35 PSI and PPG automotive paint (expensive). I used 2 gallons of PPG primer which was about five coats, first three sprayed lightly. The Persian Orange #1 I used about 1.5 gallons. This was three coats, first two lightly and third fairly heavy. I did all the parts that were off and the chassis seperatly and then the whole tractor assembled with the last coats. Bottom. top, all of it was done the same. All finish coats had hardner added. That was three years ago and I do use the tractor for plowing and some lighter work. It still looks like new. The hardner does allow chipping however more so than non-hardned paint.