Thanks for the reply.
I did some checking last evening. The serial number on the engine block is R225G. According to my reprint RC parts book the R is for RC, the #, is the serial, and the G indicates gas fule vs K for kero. I guess the RC has its own set of numbers so it don't help to determine what sort of B it is equivilant to. The reprint parts book lists the engine as 125 cid.
My IT Allis book lists the RC as 125, and lists the BE/B as 116 and 125 cid. I was arware of the smaller B engine, but I had never heard of the even smaller B engien by Wakasha before.
The gasket set is Victor Reinz ( Dana corp ) and says for Allis Chalmers B. I suspect the problem is with the gasket set. Also the gasket for the water outlet at the front of the head was incorrect. The one form the set was rectangular except one side of the rectangle was curved and bowed outward by about a half an inch. The water outlet on my RC head is a rectangle, so I had to make this gasket.
I guess this don't really matter, but it would be nice to know. I will probably take this engine down and rebuild the bottem end in a couple of years. It would be nice to be able to get the correct parts when I do.
When I took the head off, I mesured .028 space from the top end of the piston to the cylinder wall below the ridge. The ridge at the top of the cyinders is about .006. Last time I had this engine apart was in 1960 when we put new sleves and pistons in it. About the same we also got a bigger and more modern tractor on the farm so this engine didn't see that much use, I was surpried to see that much wear. I suppose 40 years takes its toll as well. The engine however seems to run great now so I might concentrate of fixing other things like the electrical system.
Enough, and thanks again for the info.