$110 for range cable a month ago when I checked. I cut mine apart at one end and pulled it apart and lubed it up with a real light oil (maybe should have used graphite instead) and then brazed it back together using a copper sleeve I made to reconnect the cable. I made a steel sleeve for the short outer tube and soldered that together. Works great now and saved $110. To get at the cable on top of tranny just remove the floor plate and it's real easy. I tried this fix because I figured at worst I would be out a little time and at best I would save $110.
Just a thought as I have seen plenty post here with range cable troubles. The one that was bad was the heavier of the two but I assume the same fix could be used on the lighter second cable too.