#1. Not saying that one doesn't exist, but I've never seen a mulimeter measure AC ma.
#2. The only reason I would measure DC ma is if I were looking for a leaky load that will slowly drain a battery.
#3. My cheap HF electronic multimeter can measure 10 a DC. Polarity is not critical when you are using an electronic DC ammeter. What you need to remember is electrons out the negative of a battery and returns to the positive post of the battery. So when using any meter, if you connect the negative of the meter on the negative post of the battery, the meter will have the correct polarity. This is also true with measuring DC V.
#4. All EVOM meters are basically the same, so looking for a manual on how to use your old meter isn't important. If you know how to use one EVOM, you should know how to use all them.
5. I have an old analog DC ammeter out of a car that I use to measure larger DC amps, 50 amps. Still wouldn't try to measure starter amps with it.
6. I use an ammprobe to measure AC amps with. It can't measure AC ma.
7. I recently bought a meter that can measure 15 amp AC, frequency, and power factor. Wasn't impressed with the accuracy of ammeter. However, I was more concerned with measuring frequency of my generator and power factor of a well pump.
8. I wouldn't use an EVOM to measure measure starter amps with. Starter amps will toast an EVOM. Think of it this way. Look at the size of the wires going to the starter. Look at the wires on your EVOM. No way 100's of amps will flow through a small meter.
9. The only way I'm aware of to measure large DC amps is to install a shunt resistor in series with the starter and measure the voltage across it.
10. One tail light will draw 2-5 amps. One head light may draw 4-8 amps, depending on the watts of the bulbs. Sounds like you may need a larger meter. I'm surprised your meter can't measure 10 amps DC. Take the watts of the bulb and divide it by 12v to get your amps.
Fast Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]
TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.