| Classified Ad Search Help|
There have always been some problems with trying to search for what you want in the classifieds. You enter some search words and get things you don't expect or can't enter words to get everything you want. Here are some examples:
There are numerous such examples where you enter some words and the results are different than what you expect.
- you enter john deere and miss all the ads that were listed with JD.
- you enter H to find all the Farmall Hs and get all the JD Hs
- you enter ford and find that ads listed from any place with ford embedded in the name appear
In order to make searching the classifieds more specific to what you are looking for, the classifieds search box can have some special characters added that let you get just what you want. Once you've figured out what the search should be, from then on you can immediately pull up the classifieds you want to see without getting ads you don't want to see or having to do multiple searches.
If the following sounds hard, just look at the examples below. This is the list of the special characters you can put in your search to find just what you want.
Special Characters to use in searches:
- + = must contain the word you enter
- no plus = may contain the word you enter but it doesn't have to
- | = this means "or" which means you can have it look for multiple words that may or may not appear.
- "word" = quotes mean that the word or words can't appear within another word
- no quotes = may occur in another word, e.g., tran can match transmission, transfer, etc
Try entering some of these examples or similar ones you can think of yourself and see what the results are. Let us know if you can think of other ways to make searching more specific.
- If I want to find all Allis-Chalmers B, C, CA, and IB series, I'd put in something like:
+"Allis-Chalmers|Allis Chalmers|AC" +"B|C|CA|IB"
- I could even allow for the fact that the name is often misspelled by using:
- If I wanted all Ford N-Series and Farmall M in one search, I could type:
- If I'm only interested in round bale hay equipment, I could enter:
+"hay" +bale +round
Press your browser's back button/arrow to return to the classifieds or click here.
|Fast Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]|
| Copyright © 1997-2018 Yesterday's Tractor Co.|
TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V. Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters