Garden Tractors Discussion Board|
Re: Starting problems Jacobsen Snowburst
[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]
Posted by JT on November 16, 2004 at 06:26:53 from (188.8.131.52):
In Reply to: Starting problems Jacobsen Snowburst posted by Ken Tajchman on November 15, 2004 at 12:03:43:
I am sorry to say, you have no rose. A few things to checl on Jacobson snow Burst blowers.
1. Check compression, needs a minimum of 90# to start and run right.
2. if compression is low, check for a blown head gasket, they do that quite frequently.
3. Check to make sure the bottom of the crankcase is not full of fuel.
4. Use 32:1 fuel/oil mix in these old Jacobson blowers, it has a Jacobson 2 cycle and they need all the oil they can get.
5. One wya to make it start a little easier if it has good compression and has fresh fuel is to lay the blower down on its back to start it, these have the carb on the very bottom of engine, if everything in these engines are not up to par, you do not have enough vacumn in cylinder to pull fuel up in to crankcase, laying it down gets the carb at least level with engine.
6. lots of luck
|Fast Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]|
| Copyright © 1997-2019 Yesterday's Tractor Co.|
TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V. Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy