Firstly, thank you to everyone with their responses and posts. the information you guys put forth was vital in solvng the problem. Thank you so much everyone!
First, the shaft shims were not right. it wasnt .220-.230. I added a washer to make it up and get in back in spec.
The fork that rides on the arm shaft....really precise name i made there...WAS UPSIDE DOWN. It was put together improperly from wherever it came from. It fits together that way so I can see how it happened. I actually didnt notice it until I started looking at the old one to see if i could scalp the linkage arms from it. Once I realized that, I switched it and it works perfectly.
The linkage arms were nowhere near in line with my existing carb and throttle linkage. The fix for this would have been to bend my linkage but I would have had to bend my carb linkage into a sharp V and the the throttle linkage wouldnt clear the exhaust manifold. There is a jig you all are aware of that allows you to hammer the arms into the proper alignment. I dont have one nor could I find anyone that has one so....I beat the ever loving snot out of it on an anvil. After much cussing and fitting, I got the arms in the proper postion so I did not have to bend my linkage at all.
Im hoping to do some brush hogging tomorrow if the weather permits. I did have to do some carb adjustments as it was adjusted to compensate for the failing governor. Im sure Ill have to do some more fine tuning to get it going perfectly but by god IT WORKS!
Thanks again everyone. To all who opt for an amazon governor, they do work. just take them apart and assume they are put together improperly. check the shimmable gap and be ready to either swap your old arms into the new unit or get you bfh out.