Been busy doing a few other things since last playing with the 8N Tweety. Including talking to ArleninOr about some fenders and some John Deere parts...
Even went out looking at a diesel pusher motor home. Uh, not THAT one. The wife is hard set we won't get a Moho this year. Not a problem, next year will be here soon enough.
So I finally got back to tweety and looked into the tank of gloom at the sea of rotten aviary feces. Okay, I have another tank around here somewhere and that tank should be removed for a proper cleaning.
Pulled the hood and gas tank and even got the wife to help me. Funny, last time I did it by myself. I guess the headlights made it too heavy to do it myself this time around.
I figured with the junk out of the way, I could pull the oil relief valve and give it a squirt. Oil can filled with thread cutting oil and something might be better than nothing...
I found a flat spot on the plunger, that might help to explain the no pressure while cranking it over, even with priming. Maybe thicker oil to prime with is in order as well as a new plunger assy.
I did manage to get the plugs out and thumb the holes over while cranking. This was done with the 12V orange toy hooked up to the 6V starter directly and plugs out. It spins over very nicely and a pos ground. Nobody home in #2 cyl and #3cyl is a bit weak. I found a valve stuck open looking in the #2 plug hole. That was last night. This morning I went out with a Phillip's screwdriver and a hammer, a slight tap and the valve slammed shut. A dose of more thread cutting oil and let it set while I came in the house and played with the computer trying to get back on line. Now time to go back out, put thicker oil into relief valve, crank it over again and see if both the oil pressure and compression come up. If not, I have a new plunger ordered and I hope the new plunger will get the pressure back up. A for the compression, I hope the resetting the valve will keep it working. The fuel tank from the black lagoon was replaced just prior to it's last prolonged resting phase, as was the carb and hopefully a few other things. The tool box that was errantly mounted on the fender will get replaced with a grease gun holder I picked up. The problem with that is the grease gun holder top clip is broken off. Now I need to find a good looking holder to fab a clip onto mine.
Now to see if this thread will post correctly.