Got a lot done wrenching on the N this week. Even painted a few pieces. Everything that comes off gets prepped and painted before I put it back on, so hopefully I get good coverage on all the hidden spots.
Got PTO shaft in and the steering box replaced. And the right brake fixed.
Made new pin for radius arm on front axle. That took about 90% of the slop out of it. Not only was the hole tapered it was oval as well, a bit of careful belt sanding on the sides of the pin gave it a good fit. Lot more scraping and cleaning before much else goes back together.
Weather here in Iowa has been rainy and cold so good time to spend in the shop. I've went thru one basket of wood in 2 weeks which is about what I planned on for this time of year. I have 12 more full baskets, and two trees down and ready to cut up once the ground freezes up so I can get to them. Lots of small parts coming in, I think I'm up to about $1350. Refilled the rear end and wow the price of gear oil has sure went up! I used MAG-1 brand which I'd never heard of but it was about the cheapest at $80/5gal.