Finally got the carb figured out thanks to everyone who threw in advice (can't remember who but you know who you are)
Anyway, took the carb apart and everything seemed to check out. The one thing that someone mentioned is not having enough pressure pushing the fuel into the carb.
Well, I think that was the issue. After I got everything put back together with the fuel tank, new sediment bowl, etc. put on we pulled it maybe 5 feet and it popped right off and ran great! However it labors like its pulling a 5 bottom plow and the timing is way off. There is way to much advance in it. I think the guy who rebuilt the mag has the lag angle adjusted way off.
Thats a simple fix really, no big deal.