My first thought is cavitation, not a head gasket. Slim chance it's soft plugs in the head. If I were a betting man, I'd say 90% chance it's a pinhole, 9% chance it's soft plugs, and 1% chance it's a head gasket. I've worked on too many Fords to think otherwise.
Sorry for the bad news.