I have these two tractors which I guess are called "Light Industrial" Both have 4 speed transmissions and Sherman high low auxiliaries. Both are stamped with 40303 and one is 40303DS. This one says 4000 Industrial on the hood with Diesel under that. The motor is now a gas 172. Here are assumptions I have made. Are they correct?
1. The two serial numbers are 164598 and 167665 so depending on which reference I use they are either 1962 or 1963 year models.
2. Both should have egg crate grills.
3. Both should be Buff over red (red orange). One is that way now the other is blue all over but I can see buff under the blue.
4.The hood should NOT be embossed with the Ford logo.
5. Rear tires are both 24" but could also be the 28" loop rim and still be factory.
6. Front tires should be 6.50x16.
7. The medallion should be the one with "industrial" on it.
Originally I planned to rebuild into one gas motor unit. Now I have acquired a 801 series donor tractor with a 172 Diesel so now I have the parts to restore both of these industrial's.
Another question. What tin is interchangeable? Will 801 work OK?
Thanks in advance ... Norm43