Thanks Joe. I did put the composite cup into hot water and then stuck it inverted into the cylinder without the piston and plate. The hot water did soften the cup temporarily and just long enough to get it in. When I put the piston/cup/plate together with loose bolts inverted into the cylinder, I couldn't get it in. Used my caliper to determine that the plate was the problem - it was larger than the space inside the cup. So I put a bevel on the plate edge facing the cup. That solved the problem. Getting the assembly started in the cylinder was a challenge, but once in I was able to drive it down. Tested it and it works well. Just FYI,thought I'd include the photo I posted on this site back in 2000 when I did the restoration.