Helpful Hints to Lengthen the Life of Your Tractor
- Do not work the tractor on full load until the engine is thoroughly broken in.
- Dirty oil and greases are accountable for 85% of premature wear and consequent
short tractor life.
- Dirty oil becomes a modified form of grinding compound.
- Clean the air cleaner daily - oftener of tractor is operating in exceptionally dusty conditions.
- Check the air cleaner to carburetor connections frequently.
- Renew the cartridge in the oil filter at specified intervals - more often if necessary - to
keep the oil clean.
- Change engine oil and transmission oil as specified. Use good quality lubricants.
- Keep oil container or measures clean.
- Keep inside and outside of tractor clean.
- If engine temperatures run too high, clean out air passages through radiator core.
Check entire cooling system. Check fan belt tension.
- Check storage battery weekly. Add distilled water if necessary.
- Check the air pressure in the tires frequently and keep caps on valve stems.
- Do not work the tractor or run the engine at full throttle until engine is
thoroughly warmed up.
- Do not stop the engine immediately after working under full load. Let it idle a few
minutes and then stop.
- Engage the clutch carefully to avoid jumping the tractor.
- Clean the fuel sediment bowl frequently and also the fuel line periodically.
- It is advisable to have a complete tune-up, including the carburetor, distributor
and generator performed once each season or oftener if necessary.
Today's Featured Article -
Product Review: Storm Covers - by Staff. We recently had a chance to try out the new Storm Cover for the Ford 9N, 2N and 8N tractor that is now being re-introduced to a new generation of Ford N-Series tractor owners. Originally produced more than 40 years ago, it is now enjoying a reproduction run that has been licensed by the Ford Motor Company. An original storm cover was used for the pattern, and this reproduction cover is indeed exactly as the original (of which we had previously only seen pictures of in miscellaneous old sale
... [Read Article]
Oliver Hart Parr 28-44 or 90 fuel tank in good condition.... Make offer
| Copyright © 1997-2022 Yesterday's Tractor Co.|
TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V. Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy