Diagnosing Engine Difficulty - Gasoline Tractors
The following suggestions are listed for your assistance. You can make simple adjustments on your tractor that
will improve its operation and save you the time and expense of hiring someone to do it for you.
Always make one adjustment at a time, and if the adjustment made does not improve the condition, return to the
original setting before proceeding to the next adjustment.
Engine Fails to Start or Runs Unevenly
- Fuel valve is shut off.
- Incorrect fuel in tank.
- Float valve sticking.
- Fuel tank empty.
- Clogged fuel filter or fuel lines.
- Dirty or clogged air cleaner.
- Leaking or loose manifold.
- Engine flooded.
- Broken wires from distributor to engine.
- Wires not in proper position.
- Switch not turned on or defective.
- Spark plugs wet, dirty or broken.
- Distributor weak, or out of time.
- Spark plugs points pitted, dirty or improperly spaced.
- Low water level in cooling system.
- Radiator clogged.
- Fan belt slipping.
- Collapsed radiator hose.
- Thermostat stuck.
- Tractor overloaded.
- Improperly timed ignition.
- Fuel mixture too lean.
- Weak spark.
- Diluted lubricating oil.
- Pulling heavy load at reduced engine RPM.
- Water pump impeller vanes broken.
|Fast Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]|
| Copyright © 1997-2019 Yesterday's Tractor Co.|
TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V. Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy