Yesterday's Tractor Co. Tractor Parts for All Brands
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 8N,9N,2N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 
Marketplace
Tractor Manuals
Tractor Parts
Classified Ads
Photo Ads

Community
Discussion Forums
Project Journals
Tractor Town
Your Stories
Show & Pull Guide
Events Calendar
Hauling Schedule

Galleries
Tractor Photos
Implement Photos
Vintage Photos
Help Identify
Parts & Pieces
Stuck & Troubled
Vintage Ads
Community Album
Photo Ad Archives

Research & Info
Articles
Tractor Registry
Tip of the Day
Safety Cartoons
Tractor Values
Serial Numbers
Tune-Up Guide
Paint Codes
List Prices
Production Nbrs
Tune-Up Specs
Torque Values
3-Point Specs
Glossary

Miscellaneous
Tractor Games
Just For Kids
Virtual Show
Museum Guide
Memorial Page
Feedback Form

Yesterday's Tractors Facebook Page

Related Sites
Tractor Shed
TractorLinks.com
Ford 8N/9N Club
Today's Tractors
Garden Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life

Enter your email address to receive our newsletter!

subscribe
unsubscribe
  
Tractor Talk Discussion Board

Re: Government farm payments!!!


[ Expand ] [ View Replies ] [ Add a Reply ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Jon Hagen on October 10, 2012 at 19:15:29 from (69.26.17.61):

In Reply to: Re: Government farm payments!!! posted by oldtanker on October 10, 2012 at 17:55:08:

Your telling me in this rare time of very good grain prices, you MIGHT make a small profit without subsidy, but not enough to put any new efficient iron on the place ??. When prices are low again like they historically are, your gonna be in trouble when things wear out, right ?

The farmers in this country, 1% of the population,grow enough food to feed 350 million non farmers, the other 99%,plus export enough to feed another 150 million overseas,which by the way, is one of the few things this country still exports. And we do it at a price so low that Americans spend less than 20% of income on food, so they have the other 80% to pump back into the economy.to keep the country running.

Those piddling little farm subsidies keep the farm sector healthy enough, with good modern equippment, to keep producing that cheap stable supply of food America loves so much but does not appreciate. The big farmers get 90% of the subsidy, well yeah, they produce 90% of the food too. Look it up.
Dumb as politicians are, their smart enough to realize how much that piddling litte subsidy program brings to this country.
None of this would be possible if every farmer was forced to work 80 acres with a 20-50 year old trucks and little 50-70 year old tractors.
The smallest farm that will pay a family a living income in my area, even with the little subsidy perks, is 3-4,000 acres, with many of the really successful farms farming 10,000 acres with modern equipment.

Just that the 99% non farming population are so far removed from what feeds this country and a good part of the world, that they have no clue what a good deal they are getting.
And fools with full fat bellys on this site, call real farmers evil. That is evil.:(


Replies:




Add a Reply

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Optional Video Title:
Optional Video Embed:

Advanced Posting Options

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.



 
Advanced Posting Tools
  Upload Photo  Select Gallery Photo  Attach Serial # List 
Return to Post 
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ More Info ]

Home  |  Forums


Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters