1. Farming is a business, not a way of life. There should be no government intervention at all. Forced "renewable" fuels are a government intervention that makes the price of certain crops artificially high.
2. There should be no subsidies. Not for farming, not for airports or anything else.
3. Government grants for research are a joke too and can be a form of susidies under another name. Look at the pharmaceutical companies who claim drugs are so high because of research. Most of that research is paid for with government grants.
4. If the government stops a subsidy then the states should not be allowed to subsidize that item because the states all get money handed to them from the feds. Which means that through the back door the feds are still subsidizing that item because that fed money allows the state to free up other money.....to subsidize said item.
5. Farmers like to claim that they are an inovative bunch of people. In the past that has proven true. Well cut out the subsidies and we will see who are inovative and who isn't. It's a business. If the owner/operator is smart they will make it. If they are deep in debt, chasing last years prices, not doing it smart they will fail.
No one shold have to pay for food or anything else twice, once at the store and again at tax time. Kinda like the college system. You have a school that is a state school, that charges tuition, gets handed money not only by the state but also recieves grants from the feds, who again makes sure that they know that they can get more federal money in the from of Pell grants to spend at the school. Whoa wait a seciond here, and the kids still spends 30K a year getting an education that may not get them a job??????
I have no problem with the food stamp program except where they can be used for things I don't think are a necessity. There are times when some people need a little help to get by. I'm really against long term help for those who can work but will not.
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies! Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ More Info ]
TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.