Yesterday's Tractor Co. Shop Now
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 8N,9N,2N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
Classified Ads
Photo Ads
Tractor Parts

Discussion Forums
Project Journals
Tractor Town
Your Stories
Show & Pull Guide
Events Calendar
Hauling Schedule

Tractor Photos
Implement Photos
Vintage Photos
Help Identify
Parts & Pieces
Stuck & Troubled
Vintage Ads
Community Album
Photo Ad Archives

Research & Info
Tractor Registry
Tip of the Day
Safety Cartoons
Tractor Values
Serial Numbers
Tune-Up Guide
Paint Codes
List Prices
Production Nbrs
Tune-Up Specs
Torque Values
3-Point Specs

Tractor Games
Just For Kids
Virtual Show
Museum Guide
Memorial Page
Feedback Form

Yesterday's Tractors Facebook Page

Related Sites
Tractor Shed
Ford 8N/9N Club
Today's Tractors
Garden Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life

Tool Talk Discussion Board

Re: OT Windmills OT

[ Expand ] [ View Replies ] [ Add a Reply ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Hotflashjr on September 12, 2012 at 08:07:15 from (

In Reply to: OT Windmills OT posted by ldj on September 12, 2012 at 07:19:38:

It's not just that easy to say what they generate. It could be a hundred killowatts all the way up to a few megewatts. The last project I took part in was going to be a 3 megawatt turbine at a cost of about $300,000 up front including all permits and site work. After grants and tax credits actual amount spent by the owner was going to be around $180,000 with an anticipated payback of 7-9 years. The wires all run down inside the turbine and into a box or small building at the base of the turbine. From there it goes into the grid. Lots of places the current power lines cannot take large solar panel projects of wind turbines because the wires at the street cannot handle the current generated. Solar panels on a building roof unless it is real small need phase 3 equipment all the way down the road so there are ways that solar or wind has its drawbacks.

A plus, it cost nothing to obtain wind or sunshine which should help lower elec costs. The minus is the loss of jobs in other areas. I personally like wind and solar and the fact is that the current grid can only handle 18% of total elec production from wind and solar sources. Last stat I heard was the country was at like 3%. Even at 18% that leaves 82% that needs to be generated by other sources. I think there is plenty of room for everyone. I do think they should become clean burning because I would like my little girl to live in a cleaner environment than we do. I am not by any means a hippie or environmentalist so please don't flame me as such.


Add a Reply



Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Optional Video Title:
Optional Video Embed:

Advanced Posting Options

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

Advanced Posting Tools
  Upload Photo  Select Gallery Photo  Attach Serial # List 
Return to Post 

Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

Home  |  Forums

Copyright © 1997-2018 Yesterday's Tractor Co.

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters