Hey Leroy - boy have I been there with those wheels!
I believe it was you that got me past my problem the first time when you told me to hit the wheel IN first.
That's worked on many projects since.
One thing I found on that first rake wheel I did - was that the axle shaft itself was all mushroomed out around the first 1/8 or so of the outer edge. Most likely from the previous owner smacking it to try to get the hub off.
I pushed the wheel in like you said and that got it free - but it still wouldn't come off in the other direction.
But pushing it in did gain me access to the end of the axle - I finally measured it with some dial calipers and realized the problem. It was a slight difference, but definitely wider on the very end.
I used a small air grinder around the whole end of the axle to get rid of the mushrooming.
After that, the wheel popped right off.
Don't know if that'd help you - but I know for me, if I hadn't gotten rid of that expanded area - that hub was NEVER going to come off.
Had a similar problem on another wheel that I couldn't push back - I used an angle grinder on the face of the hub (didn't like doing that, but it did work). I just ground the face (and axle end) flat and brought it back enough to get rid of that mushroom area in the process (like 1/16th of on inch) - if the heat doesn't work, and you're desperate, might be better than junking it.