|JMOR said: (quoted from post at 02:18:21 02/20/14) |
1) right, you are not the guy to ask, but you eagerly give the 'advice' anyway!
|Ultradog MN said: (quoted from post at 00:49:27 02/20/14) 1) I have said many times here that I'm not the guy to ask for |
advice on electrical issues.
That's why i keep trying to bring people to understand the
benefits of 12V and EI.
Install them - or pay someone to if you don't know how - and
you'll likely not have to touch your electrics except to replace a
battery every 5 years.
2) I generally don't write lengthly treatises here so if you are
looking for a step by step approach to anything I'm not your
man for that either.
3) Time is on my side. As the EI haters here age it will be harder
and harder for for them to deal with those pesky front mounts
and they'll convert to something easier and more reliable.
4) I am very patient.
2) we already saw your step by step; replace this, replace that, still not work, replace something else......
3) you are already older than many here!
4) points will out live you (& many of us)
Now, you know that I help all comers...points & EI........more than almost any one else on the EI, but I don't, as you do, make it my practice to take every opportunity to berate others who sincerely try to help those in need of a helping hand. When you have provided as much benefit to others as Bruce has, instead of trying to beat him up at every opportunity, maybe somebody will have some respect for you. I'm tired of you mini vendetta!
Meanwhile, if you need assistance with your EI (or points), I'll try to help you, too. Peace.
May I broker a cease fire if not actual peace by reposting your helpful diagnostic diagram for the EI challenged (including UD). And might I also suggest:Step 1:
Test and verify proper operation of the ignitor module.
No different than if you had mechanical contact breaker points in there :twisted:
This post was edited by TheOldHokie at 05:25:08 02/20/14 2 times.