Well gentlemen, I brought my prize home on Saturday. Turns out it is a 1941 9N based on the serial number.
It was dark when I looked at it but I swore that the engine turned that night. That's the first thing I look for. Well, it wouldn't turn Saturday. I knew it had been sitting outside for a quite a while so the first thing I thought of was rusty cylinder walls. So, I popped the head off. The cylinders and everything else looked nice and clean. Looked like it had a frame in rebuild, just like the guy said. Next thing I looked at was the tranny. The shifter boot was not set in over the tranny so when I took off the top cover a found a couple of inches of ice in the bottom locking everything up. So I split the tractor and got most of the ice out. Bearings are all pitted so I will be doing a tranny rebuild. I think I am also gonna do the Hyd pump and put in a new clutch while I got her apart. To be honest, I don't really mind. I like puttering with these old rigs and I also like to know what I have when I'm done. It should be a fun project. I still have a couple of months before the weather warms up. I am sure I will need some more advice before I am done.