Battery is fully charged. I put it on charger and made sure. Ignition switch and starter button are brand new. I've wired this for a 3 wire alternator, however, I think I need to wire it as a one wire alternator. When I tackled this project, there were loose wires just dangling on some things and it looks like they used old wire to splice together to get enough length to use. A wire that started out red was spliced to white and then ended up at the other end as a black wire. That's why I decided to redo everything and do it right. My son helped me remove the wiring and he disconnected some things without me being able to see how the previous owner had it wired. I think I'm going to reconnect everything as a one wire alternator and see if that works.