Yeah, I've gotta figure out what caused that spark when I connected the battery cable. It can't be much.
I jumped the BAT and ARM on the regulator for a second or two and also ran a jumper from the negative of the battery to the armature of the generator for a couple of seconds.
Fired it up and put the meter on the battery. It bounced around from 6.3v-7.2v, so I reckon I'm generating.
Tractor ran much better today for about 6 hours. We will be busy all day tomorrow, so I'll play with that new wire harness later in the week.
Only problem today was the left side of the scrape blade kept jumping out of the quick connect on the 3 point hitch. Always the left side and happened multiple times for some reason. I've ran that same blade several times before without any problems. Sounds like another project for me.