Quoting Removed, click Modern View to seeSounds good on the surface & "might" work out, BUT, let's just say the dead one is really very dead,,,,,,,,,,then the initial current upon connecting the 2 will be very high & if it lasts more than a few seconds, it may damage one or both batteries. I call it "iffy", but if had a variable control to adjust & monitor the current, then plausible. If I were to try it and battery to battery current was more than 5 amps after the first minute or two, I would shut the experiment down. Further, if it was more than 50 amps during the second 10 seconds, I would also stop. In other words, I am not comfortable with it. That is just my personal opinion.