I just went through that. Other folks have said they had no problems. But I found the top cover gasket too short (or holes punched wrong) by 1/2 hole width front to back. The pump body to housing gasket was a little short as well. Just enough that front and back bolts chewed into the edge of the bolt holes.
I always use a flat file to go over the flat surfaces so as to make sure they are flat and have no imperfections (dings on edges, tool marks, etc.) but these gaskets are so thin... anyway I used them as I did not have any gasket material on hand at the time. First day the tractor held a 6' disk harrow up and only dropped 9" in 12 hours. Figured I could live with that. Soon however the lift started dropping faster and faster over a period of a couple of months. A few days ago I was discing at the farm and the disc started to squeak. I drove back here to the shop, greased the disc, added fuel to the tractor, took a lunch break and started back to the farm. It is 9/10 of a mile from here to the private road that goes to the farm. Lift picked up the disk nicely here, before I got all the way to the farm road I heard a ring like the disk had touched the road. The touch control lever was all the way at the top but the disc was barely clearing the surface of the road. I turned the corner and when on the gravel road lowered the disc. It would not pick it back up. I tried both position and draft mode. Ended up driving to the farm with the disc lowered on the grass area over the water line at the side of the road. Finished my discing, dropped the disc at the farm, and came back here. The lift would raise the arms, but not pick up a load. Took the side cover with the dipstick off, and found that the gasket on the right side of the pump between the pump body and the valve chamber had blown.
I drained the oil out, took the whole thing apart, and found the gasket had a piece missing out the side of the top port. I never found the piece of gasket. I went to Auto Zone and got two rolls of Felpro Rubber Fiber Sheet 26" x 10" x 1/32" part number 3157 and took my little bitty ball peen hammer and made a complete set of gaskets. Put everything back together with my homemade gaskets. Tested with a homemade implement I call a "cabbage cutter" which weighs about 600 lbs before I put the side cover on so I could check for leaks. No leaks detected and it held the heavy implement up for three hours and did not drop any that I could measure.
I never found any evidence to indicate why the gasket failed. Maybe there was a small piece of grit there, maybe I stressed it somehow when putting together, I don't know. Maybe I just got a bad set. I do know I will be making my own gaskets for such applications from now on:-)