Thanks for all the replies. I used the copper sealant and a generous amount that as much as sealant can help I have it. I did check the heads on a flat Surface Plate with feeler gages and a straight edge and thought they were pretty flat. (within .005 but maybe not perfect within .002 as the machine shop recommended)I did not feel they were leaking before so think I'll be fine with what I have but may need an upgrade sometime with better parts. Generally this tractor had a hard life and even the oil pan had a crack toward the front from overloading and abuse.
To the fellow that uses Aluminum paint my Dad must of used aluminum paint last time the tractor was worked on in 1986 as there was paint on the engine and gaskets. It seemed to be adequate because no leaks and a little difficult to break heads loose. I'm pressure testing with low water pressure today and hope to paint engine and put back on the tractor on the 4th holiday weekend.