ok, now that i'm at a computer and not a smartphone, i'll actually type up everything i've done so far.
-No air stack on it at this time.
-Drilled EVERY passage in the carb.
-Float set by both measuring from the top of the bowl and verifying it with a piece of clear tube.
-Head has been rebuilt by a reputable machine shop with new guides, valves, and springs.
-All valves adjusted according to spec.
-Good compression on both cylinders. (I don't have any actual number for yall but it takes quite abit to crank her over and i'm not small fella)
-I can unhook the carb from the governor and run the butterfly by hand and it makes no difference.
All bushings and throttle plate have been replaced.
-Both needles do seem to be working, i can find a sweet spot where it runs "better" but not right by any means. (this isn't my first john deere so i do know how they are supposed to run) I swapped mags with my 50 A (Wico X) and I get the same results.
I've bought all the videos from roberts and have watched them so many times i can see them in my dreams. The only thing i have noticed on the carb but from what i understand it shouldn't make a difference is that the bowl vents have been removed. (The tractor is sittin on a stand in the shop right now so i don't see this making a difference, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though)
I'm truely at a loss over this thing.