My questions are:
1. where can I get a reproduction or original operators manual for it besides Deere? any good websites?
I have good copies (had some made awhile back) for $15.
2. Do you see any parts missing?
The front coulter is what looks like an IHC or P&O; not an original JD (not that it matters from a standpoint of using the plow).
3. Do you think the shares are sufficient to plow 2-3 acres a year? If I get new shares, what am I looking for? You've got EP (Sod) plow bottoms. Those shares are going to be more difficult and more expensive to purchase compared to regular General Purpose (NGP) bottoms.
4. See any reason this plow wont work?
Aside from adjustment, I can't see why it wouldn't work. The shares don't look like they are perfect, but not completely worn out. 5. The tailwheel is a 4.80 - 12. Is it going to be tough to get one? Its flat. How does it come off?
The tail wheel would be a 4.00x12 implement tread tire. Carsyle makes one that is still American made.
6. Any way of telling what year it is? couldnt find a stamp anywhere yet There are not serial number stampings on these plow. Only a forensic exploration with a part catalog might yield a rang of years which it could have been built, but it's very doubtul you'll ever get it down to an exact year of production.
Tyler in IL