My questions are:
1. where can I get a reproduction or original
operators manual for it besides Deere? any good
I have good copies (had some made awhile back) for
2. Do you see any parts missing?
The front coulter is what looks like an IHC or
P&O; not an original JD (not that it matters from
a standpoint of using the plow).
3. Do you think the shares are sufficient to plow
2-3 acres a year? If I get new shares, what am I
You've got EP (Sod) plow bottoms. Those shares are
going to be more difficult and more expensive to
purchase compared to regular General Purpose (NGP)
4. See any reason this plow wont work?
Aside from adjustment, I can't see why it wouldn't
work. The shares don't look like they are perfect,
but not completely worn out.
5. The tailwheel is a 4.80 - 12. Is it going to be
tough to get one? Its flat. How does it come off?
The tail wheel would be a 4.00x12 implement tread
tire. Carsyle makes one that is still American
6. Any way of telling what year it is? couldnt
find a stamp anywhere yet
There are not serial number stampings on these
plow. Only a forensic exploration with a part
catalog might yield a rang of years which it could
have been built, but it's very doubtul you'll ever
get it down to an exact year of production.
Tyler in IL