Today the machines are bigger but the people and the conditions are the same. Boy, it makes me want to go back out there and do it again, 110 degrees or not! Gives me the 'itch' again.
Some of the things that came to my mind are-
1. That cutting torch could set the whole world on fire out there.
2. Seeing that guy unplug the chopper makes me hot, itchy and puts me in a bad mood. The straw must be green.
3. You'll never catch me, a married man with a family, driving one of those combines on a tall truck like that with the tires hanging over.
4. The caravan of trucks heading down the road, the excitement of going to the next destination and the relief of getting away from where we were. How many blown tires will we fix along the road on 120 degree asphalt! Who's gonna lay under that truck with the jack and steel plate that keeps the jack from sinking into the road. Who left that steel plate in Oklahoma!!!
5. Ever tried leveling a moving truck? 6. I hope those campers have air conditioning! When the propane runs out even a cold shower feels good.
7. When my son went on the harvest he came home with a strange blanket the girl in Colorado forgot to take with her!!???Jim