Hello again, here with an update; Used the mower on Sunday however I didn't have the Seafoam I thought I had. After mowing decided to do some checking. Here's what I found;
1. Didn't smoke as much this time and used no oil, used 1/4 tank of gas in 2 hours of mowing, smoked more the longer it was used. I suspect oil on the exhaust manifold, the retaining nut and stud are wet with oil and looks like it has been that way for a while.
2. Compression after use was Right 160 lbs Left 165 lbs. 10 lb increase over cold (to be expected)
3. wet oil found on lower side of right head fins
4. No oil seeping from right valve cover, clean and dry
5. Removed valve cover and found about a 3/8in irregular shaped piece of rubber, could be from valve seal
6. Breather removed and air flows both ways
7. Signs of oil at the carb intake, lower filter coated with oil, dirt and debris, slight amount of oil running down center of filter housing backing plate, plate relatively clean(cleaned in February) Five mowings since
8. Cleaned and reinstalled everything
9. Started and removed breather. some greyish white smoke exited valve cover.
10. When running removed oil dipstick and greyish white smoke came out.
I'm thinking I have a couple of problems;
1. Bad intake valve oil seal 2. Bad breather
3. Blown head gasket
What do you think? As always thanks for the help.