Thanks for the information. I'm beginning to see this is going to be a major project getting this thing running. I got kind of anxious to find out if the motor would run so I put some gas in the tank to see if it would briefly start. I didn't get that far. I found out the ignition switch was toast so I bought a new one at Napa and it seem to be configured differently internally. Where the wire was suppose to go to the starter solenoid the new switch had it going to ground. There are other wires going nowhere so I think it would be easier to rewire it. Then there is a switch which you have to depress the brake to engage the starter. It was rusted solid. For now I just bypassed it. I don't understand why but the line to the starter solenoid was also connected to a toggle switch. Now while dealing with these electrical problems I noticed gas coming out of the carburetor onto the ground so El Toro was right about the carburetor needing to be overhauled. I had hoped since the gas had been cut off maybe the carburetor would be saved.
I will try again today to find the serial number. So far the only thing I can find is it has a Kohler K241AS motor.