After being completely tractorless all summer I now have a running useable Ferguson again.
Last spring for the tractor ride, I could not get the starter to turn over. (rotor grounded out against the stud.) TE starters are few and far between.
Finally got one three weeks ago. Now the engine turned but it would not fire.
Dist cap center coil connector had erroded to the point is was actually below the surrounding bakelite. Just shows how tought these little tractors are.
We I ordered a new cap from YTmag on Tues. it came on Thurs. put it on and still nothing. No Spark.
Took the dustcover off the dist. and the points were a little dark and corroded. So after a quick test showed no spark. I pulled them off redressed the points. I then reassembled and set the gap. Sure enough I got a big fat blue-White spark across the points.
Reassembled the dist. On a weak 6V bat. she fired right up and purring away again.
Now to fix the -65. Last Oct (2011) at a plow day I split a power adjust rim over 30". (calcium coorosion) Got a new set of rims on the way to the Expo. Last weekend I got the new rim all cleaned up and primed. Now I need to color coat and remount the tire. Tonight after getting the TE running I took an hour and freed up all the -65"s power adjust wheel locks. So for being with out any machenery working for since april, I may be fully back in business again. Horray!!!
Thanks for putting up with this post. The wife does not understand.