Well guys I got the thing running. The rotor, dust/moisture cover, points and condenser were all original, I believe. They were worn completely out.
I had to bust the rotor to get it off, but it was worn to a nub. The dust cover came off, but the gasket was hard as the bakelight and the oiled felt seal was just a string of cloth.
The points weren't making contact because there was no electrical connection to make, no material left on the points.
Replaced it all and it runs great. Now off to get the leaks in the carb sealed up. I must not have put enough twist on the screws when I cleaned it and replaced the gaskets, but it does run very well.
I learned that if you run 91 Octane gas or above here in Missouri there's no corn liquor added, so the gas will last lots longer before ruining parts. I'm all for supporting the energy cause and our farmers, but not at the expense of my equipment. I'd rather drink the alcohol anyway.
Thanks for the help. It's nice to know you are there.