I bought a TD9 earlier this year for scrap price but haven't started on it yet. It had belonged to the owner's father and is in the "ran when it was parked" category.
The owner was real good to work with and let us look it over closely before deciding. He was glad it would not go to scrap.
I thought the tracks were stuck at first, but in our case it was the brake bands that were froze to the steering clutch drums. I ended up having to cut through the adjusting bolts with a torch as the threads were in bad shape.
We loaded it onto a friend's big flatbed (18 wheeler) using two snatch blocks and a cable pulled by the owner's tractor. That worked well. At home I pulled I was able to pull it off with a SM and even pull it over the ground a bit.