I have dry ran it several times. I replaced ALL the nuts on the chain and put in place of them lock washers, a drop of thread sealent and a lock nut. I put in 3 of the rollars that were missing. I oiled the heck out of the roller chains, and the floor chains.
There is one floor chain missing. 3rd one from one side and 4th from the other I intend to get, and also replace a #60 roller chain that I don't trust, but at the present has been heavily oiled and runs fine. One cyl leaks oil and I will replace that. Also needs about 2 doz teeth replaced.
I intended to do this between the time I used it now, and when I would need it again.
I would say, other than not having seen the tie mech work, that it operates fine.