The differences are suttle to most people, but quite extensive. There is one that showed up in our area 25 years back, that is still in use, and well cared for.
Here are the differences that I am aware of. Basically Case took bigger ruggeder parts from the 1170 and put them on a 1070.
1) 1170 front axle with external steering cylinders.
2) Heavy duty Fixed arm 3pt, and thick 2 roller drawbar
3) Delta model only, 1170 style disc brakes. ???
4) Cast Iron nose peice
5) Engine side rails and slide out weight frame.
6) not sure, but think they were all 8spds.
7) Both fender stiles available, Cab ???? never saw one with a cab.